1lb fresh berries
3 peeled pears chopped into small chunks
3 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 block of frozen pastry
butter for greasing tin
1/2 a bar of dark chocolate finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 200c (slightly less if fan)
- Soak freshly picked fruit to get rid of bugs and dust, drain and rinse
- Grease an 8" pie dish/tin
- Roll out pastry to line tin and trim over the edge as there will be shrinkage as you blind bake, prick the base with a fork to prevent bubbles forming (any excess pastry can be cut into pretty shapes to decorate the top of your open pie
- Blind bake for 10 minutes, remove and set aside
- Fill base with fruit and sprinkle over the caster sugar and chocolate.
- Place on any pastry shapes
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until fruit soft and juicy and pastry has gone golden brown
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes
- Serve with good local cream or ice-cream (best eaten outside with the sun at your back and a breeze through the trees)!