- I want to make a cake, I yearn for the freshly baked smells and flavours - I almost taste them in anticipation
- I eat the first one out of the oven to test it and then can't stop
- I want more to share with friends but know I'll end up eating them - so make a 3rd batch
- I'm too lazy to make a sponge cake from scratch now and so use a value packet mix (just add egg and water), they taste the same and take a smidgeon of the time to do. I also make most cakes in the microwave - 3mins on average instead of 20!!
- Feel my anger when they are overcooked or I don't get an appreciative response from DH!
- I always want to make the fabulous creations I see in magazines or on shop shelves
- I love seeing those around me enjoy a good slice of homemade (ish) cake and so we start at 1 again.
Clockwise from top left - Choc sponge with rich choc frosting, Mocha Muffin, Jam Tarts, Mocha Muffins, Coffee cake with coffee icing and walnuts, Jam Tart, Toad-in-the-hole (first ever to rise and make the sausages rise too), Baked egg and mushroom in bread pot, Lemon sponge with lemon icing, Mocha Muffins (again??), Fresh strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting (pips and all!), Triple Choc sponge (as decorated by DH).
Centre - Jusroll Puff Pastry Pot (so easy and incredibly moreish).